Saturday, July 29, 2006

Back Up

Oh the joys of making your living via a computer . . . Okay, sometimes not so joyous. This week I was reminded why I should always back up my files.

Yes, you guessed it, my computer crashed. And I’m not talking about some minor crash here; I’m talking the big crash. The kind computers don’t recover from.

I’m now the proud but less financially heeled owner of a new Toshiba laptop computer. And I don’t care how well you backed up your files and how careful you were when you loaded them back in, gremlins will attack during this process.

What a mess. But we’re back . . . and while we may not be better then ever yet – we’re getting there. As Martha would say, “It’s a good thing.” It will force me to relearn a few things and re-enforces the need to ‘BACK UP EVERYTHING’.

And so I leave you this fine Saturday, with this reminder . . . ‘Back Up’.

All the best,
Joyce
EarnOnYourComputer.com

No comments: